It Girl Radio Episode #31: Jessica Nazarali - Managing the Ups and Downs of Being an Entrepreneur
This week on It Girl Radio I'm sharing with you an emotional episode on how I manage the ups and downs of being an entrepreneur because we all know the entrepreneurial journey contains some up and some downs. I recorded this episode a day after I heard the news that my friend and colleague Psalm Isadora had passed away. It was very shocking news. I'd seen her just 8 weeks ago, when she visited us in Sydney, and I've spent the last week in a haze of thinking I can't believe this really happened.
Psalm was a Tantric and Sex Expert from LA who I met through an event called A-Fest a few year's ago. She was totally out there (and sometimes even a little triggering), but one thing she always did was to have your back.
Psalm played a large part in making my sales pages look as good as they do (she had a great idea for branding and design) and if my new website ever launches, we will have a special toast in her honor!
I thought about postponing the recording of the episode but Psalm was super dedicated to her work, and I knew she would want the show to go on.
Psalm's passing relates directly to the topic of the show and has bought up countless conversations in the community around the price of success. It's really made me put things into perspective (i.e. an FB ad which isn't converting really isn't the end of the world).
Here's a sneak peek into some of the personal insights I share in this episode:
“It’s really important you keep things in perspective and don’t make it life or death - when it isn't.”
“....at the end of the day, if it’s not going to matter in a year's time, it’s really not worth stressing about it now.”
“I think it can be so easy in this entrepreneurial journey to get caught up in the little things that really don’t matter.”
“ Why you should watch an episode on Netflix, read a book, take a walk, meditate when you're in a bad mood as opposed to trying to fix the problem right away...”
Tune into this episode now, and you'll hear about:
- Recent events that rocked my world
- The shock text message that gave me a wake-up call
- Why asking for help and reaching out for support is so important
- Why you shouldn't go straight into fixing mode when a problem arises
- How a pelvic floor physiotherapy appointment (yes, there is such a thing!) demonstrated how much I had to know about giving birth...some of which I kind of wish I didn’t know!
- Keeping things in perspective, even when everything seems to be a challenge
- Why I give myself permission to check out for a while when issues arise
- And I'm sharing my new course, Coaching Mastery Certification, which I'm super excited about!
Thanks so much for listening :-)